Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Carrie & Curt

This is the first wedding that I've gotten to shoot. I'm so grateful to Carrie & Curt for trusting me on their big day. Their wedding was a perfect one to start with, I think, because it was so small and intimate and, in some ways, fairly informal--that made everything run really smoothly, for them and for me. They got married November 5 at the Story Inn in Nashville, IN. The last of the leaves were clinging to the trees, and it wasn't too cold out yet, which all made for a wonderful outdoor ceremony.



I bought an infrared filter shortly before the wedding, and I used it to take this shot of the ceremony area. The man at the camera store told me that it wouldn't work with my digital camera without altering it and breaking my warranty, but I just popped it on the lens and took a long exposure (using a tripod of course). I proved him wrong--it works beautifully.



Another gorgeous infrared shot of some of the property around the Story Inn.



Carrie's accessories. I personally wouldn't have thought of putting peacock feathers with my wedding dress, but it's all really pretty together.



I like that they had their wedding rings in one box together, instead of two separate ones. It's just seems symbolically sweeter that way.




 



  

They kept laughing when they were supposed to be kissing.



This was all Curt's idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment